Arimidex (Anastrozole) 28 tabs (1 mg/1 tab)
Store rating 4.7 / 5 based on 57 reviews from our customers.
- Why buy this product
Arimidex (Anastrozole) by AstraZeneca is an anti-estrogenic drug. Beginners and sports professionals value it primarily for its ability to reduce the production and activity of estrogen. As a sports pharmacology drug, it has advantages during courses (and not after courses) of steroids (since it does not lead to a pronounced increase in testosterone production).
The drug is based on an active substance similar to its name - anastrozole. It can be classified as a selective non-steroidal aromatase inhibitor (in other words, an aromatase blocker). Anastrozole preparations do not have a narcotic (addictive) or toxic (disturbing the functioning of internal organs) effect, however, if abused, they affect the function of the liver and kidneys.
Anastrozole, like its direct analogues, belongs to the third “line” of aromatase inhibitors, which also includes the products letrozole and vorozole.
Effects of taking Arimidex
- preventing the development of gynecomastia;
- increasing the level of anabolic hormones in the blood, enhancing the effect of steroids;
- improvement of muscles, its relief, vein patterns, and so on;
- normalization of blood pressure;
- decreased suppression of the hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis, which is extremely necessary when taking a course of anabolic steroids.
Medical indications for taking Arimidex
In medicine, the scope of application of this antiestrogen is no less specific: it is prescribed as a first or secondary drug in the treatment of breast cancer.
Application and dosage of Arimidex
It is important to understand that Anastrozole is used during a course of steroids, and not as post-cycle therapy. The fact is that, unlike tamoxifen or clomiphene, anastrozole or letrozole do not directly increase testosterone production (if the concentration of the male hormone increases, then only indirectly, when a weakening of estrogenic activity leads to an increase in androgenic activity). ).
What is the recommended dosage of the drug for an athlete? It depends on the circumstances, but the average is 500 mcg/1 mg every other day. The drug has a convenient concentration of the active substance - 1 mg per tablet, so there should not be any difficulties with its dosing. For a dose of 500 mcg you will need half a tablet, respectively 1 mg, 1 tablet.
- dry and painful joints: Anastrozole may reduce the level of estrogen, which has a protective effect on the joints. This can lead to dryness, soreness and an increased risk of joint injury;
- Decreased energy and mood: Estrogen levels affect mood and energy. A decrease in estrogen levels when taking Anastrozole can cause feelings of fatigue, drowsiness, irritability and depression;
- Decreased libido: Estrogens also play a role in maintaining healthy sexual function in men. A decrease in estrogen levels when using Anastrozole may cause decreased libido and erection problems;
- Increased Cholesterol Levels: Using Anastrozole may increase cholesterol levels in the body, which may increase the risk of heart disease.
What to Avoid
If you want the course of Anastrozole to pass without consequences, then first of all you need to eliminate contraindications to its use. These include: hypersensitivity, childhood, liver and kidney failure (both sexes); pregnancy and breastfeeding (women); simultaneous treatment with drugs containing tamoxifen or estrogens (both sexes).
What other drugs will affect Arimidex?
- Medicines containing estrogens: Medicines containing estrogens, such as hormonal contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy, may reduce the effectiveness of Anastrozole. This is due to the fact that they increase the level of estrogen in the body, which may contradict the action of Anastrozole;
- other aromatase inhibitors: Using other aromatase inhibitors concomitantly with Anastrozole may increase the risk of side effects associated with low estrogen levels. This may be especially important for bodybuilders who take many different medications to manage hormone levels;
- Tamoxifen: Tamoxifen is another drug used to treat breast cancer in women. It may affect the effectiveness of Anastrozole and increase the risk of side effects. The combined use of Anastrozole and tamoxifen may be required only in specific cases and under the supervision of a physician;
- drugs affecting the liver: Some drugs may affect liver function and the metabolism of Anastrozole. For example, medications to treat epilepsy, antibiotics, or medications for fungal infections may affect the metabolism of Anastrozole and its concentration in the body.
- Active ingridient
- Estrogen blocker
- Suitable for beginners
- Yes (min dosage)
- Suitable for men over 50
- Suitable for women over 50
- According to the doctor's prescription
- Delivery area
Arimidex (Anastrozole) 28 tabs (1 mg/1 tab)